Friday, January 9, 2009

UPS -- unparalleled service

I was very impressed today with UPS delivery service. I was expecting a package from British Consulate. At 8AM, UPS called me that it is on the delivery truck and I should expect it. Unfortunately, the window was too big, 8AM to 7PM. I could not really sit and wait home, so I left to work.

At 10AM, they made an attempt and left a note on my door. I noticed at 11 AM online, called them to hold the package at their office instead of making another delivery run. The lady at UPS customer service took my number and told me I should expect a call within an hour from the local office here in Austin to let me know the time to visit their office.

It must have been not more than 5 minutes when I got a call from local Austin office informing me to come by their office at 7:30 PM. Just to avoid the drive, I asked if she could intercept the driver of the truck and let me know where his next stop would be so that I could run and pick it up. She said, she would try, in another 5 minutes told me the address. I went by, another 5 minutes the truck was there and voila, I had my package. Now, that's putting technology to use. Amazing...

No comments: