Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Bizarre Week..

This past few days have been stressful to say the least. Anytime one has to move, it is painful. To mitigate some of it, I hired a couple of movers. As usual they came in an hour late, were lazy a***holes, and to top it off, worked only a couple of hours leaving behind a bunch of tiny stuff that I had to come back and break my back to finish the job.

Since I leave in a couple of days to India, there were ton of invitations from people to come by and join them for dinner. I usually am one of those 'cannot-say-no' types and hesitatingly said yes to a couple of them each involving a 20 mile drive.

Yesterday night was one of them where I pulled into a gas station to fill up my Lexus. Filled, moved a feet forward or so, and out of no where, a Chevy truck came in front and ripped my front bumper apart. The guy was pretty decent, exchanged info and on my way..

Had my dinner at friends, headed out to another friend to crash for the night. Drove another 10 miles with the bumper half kissing Lexus and the other half kissing the road. Got home, wanted to call my wife, and the battery goes dead. Had a Sony Ericsson, so their cell phone chargers are the crappy kind with no USB support, so had to wait for the next day.

Got up next day, went to the collision center to get a quote. Asked them if I could use one of their computers to call a few office colleagues, the answer, our office blocks all sites. WTF?

Decided to drive the same half-bumper-falling Lexus to my friend's apt where i had my second car parked, and saw that I had a flat tire on Honda Accord.

What are the freakin chances that two cars, cell phone dead and two insisting friends invite for dinner on the same day? Change people, please, leave the dinners alone when the guy is busy. Puhleezz..

I am waiting for this bizarre week to end. Waiting to sit back on British Airways with a glass of wine and head home...

No comments: