Thursday, April 30, 2009

Time please, more time.

I am busy, heck a lot a busy and I wish there was more time than 24 hours in a day. Work after the layoffs has doubled up. I volunteer as a Director at Austin PMI and am helping AustinPMI launch a new Event Registration System while planning their largest annual event.

Wife and kid are back home and the little one's energy is like a flooded river. She wants to go where we want us not to go, touch things we don't want her to touch and taste things we don't want her to taste. Leaving her out of sight is scary but playing with her is just oodles of fun. So, after work until she sleeps is dedicated to her.

I barely make time for the other half and apparently she is used to it. I am busy with my laptop a whole lot. For the past three weeks, I am. It seems a good 18 hours is spent on the computer, be it at work or after work activity. I have been working on a prototype on something exciting using Ruby on Rails and have pitched the idea to Indian Railways.

This is the first time I have cold called regarding something that I strongly believe has immense potential and is quite original. I have several rounds of ideas but not all I could pursue and fell through. One of them was actually stolen, but, its better used than swept under the rug.

This time, I am serious. I so wish I could just drop the ball and go to India to pursue this service that I am after. In any case, I spoke to a wonderful GM at Delhi who was forthcoming in saying that government matters take time. I wish it didn't and they'd let me demo the prototype. Spent couple of weekends re-learning all of the rails and plugin stuff, and came with a restful, web service.

Hoping for next level of talks...



No comments: