Friday, October 3, 2008

UK Transit Visa Scam

A country that makes effort to rob people has got to be ashamed of itself.

I just purchased an airline ticket with British Airways to India traveling via Heathrow from US. Both ways, my layover in Heathrow is just under two (2) hours but I am told I need a transit visa that would cost me 120 dollars extra, need to send my documents to a consulate and may be even get fingerprinted.

The exception is I need to have a valid visa in the US. I do, but as an Advance Parolee waiting for a Green Card. The country from which I am traveling from considers me that I am perfectly fine to go in and out of the country, the country I am going to is my motherland. When both of them are fine with my travel, UK somehow concludes that I am a risk and I need a transit visa.

How could they justify this? Old habits die hard. They robbed the whole world with their divisive strategies across the world. That would not work anymore, so they just designed small schemes like these to further their banks.

Gosh, never again through that country. Shame on you Britain!!

1 comment:

MemoryLeak said...

I agree. I am in a similar situation. The government of Britain should be ashamed of themselves. I am never going to fly BA again.